Being confined to our homes may have sounded half decent at the start, but in my household we are beginning to suffer from major bouts of boredem. I’ve put together a list of activities that can be done at home or in your local area, allowing you to keep a safe distance from those around you.
1. Bake a cake – I love baking but sadly haven’t had the opporunity too. Self-raising flour is scarce at the moment, if you know of any receipes containing plain flour, throw them my way!
2. Play a board game – we’ve had a couple of intense games of Jenga and Eye Know recently, whilst listening to some background music, usually Tame Impala to be exact. It’s a really fun way to pass the time.
3. Read a book – if you have a garden, or just a comfortable place to sit, why not rest the mind and read a good book. I’d recommend The Tattooist of Auszhwitz by Heather Morris or Room by Emma Donoghue.
4. Go to a local park and kick a ball – we have plenty of beautiful parks and green spaces here in Liverpool, my favourite being Sefton Park of course. Head out to a patch of grass (or even in your own garden), away from others, and have some fun with a football.
5. Enjoy a phone call with a friend or relative – although not the same as having a good old natter in person, talking to a family member or friend about lockdown life will kill some time and make you feel good.
6. Have a bubble bath – sometimes just taking some time away from you every day life, putting down that phone and soaking in a nice hot bubble bath is just what you need.
7. Colouring in – there are plenty of adult colouring books available online, including those for fans of Harry Potter & Disney. I find colouring so calming and therapeutic.
8. Play with makeup – sit in front of your mirror and recreate an eye makeup look for when you’re able to hit the town once lockdown is over. I love searching Pinterest for inspo.
9. Take up a new hobby – I started blogging seriously at the end of 2019, and lockdown has really helped me focus my creativity and attention on conjuring up new blog content. I have seen an influx of people taking up cross stitching and knitting too!
10. Paint your nails – whilst we are unable to visit the salon and get that well needed manicure, treat yourself to your very own at home mani.
11. Discover a new TV series – you may think you have watched every show on Netflix but there are plenty of series out there to get your teeth into. I have two blog posts dedicated to Netflix and Disney+ shows.
12. Play a video game– everyone seems to have jumped on the Animal Crossing bandwagon during lockdown, but there are other games out there. My boyfriend and I are obsessed with Overcooked for the switch!
13. Clean/decorate your home – if you’re fortunate enough to be a homeowner take some time to do those small cleaning and decorating tasks you have been putting off for so long. You’ll thank me afterwards.
14. Meditation – taking just 5-10 minutes out of your day to concentrate on breathing and clearing your mind is really helpful, you’ll feel much better afterwards. I’m using the apps Headspace and Calm for some guided meditation.
15. Go for a bike ride or do a home workout – working out might seem like too much of an effort but afterwards your body will release ‘happy’ endorphines that will improve your mood.
16. Have a self-care day – this post already features some pretty good self-care tips, but check out my post that goes a little more indepth on self-care
17. Plan your post lockdown day out – I’m dreaming of the happier days to come, where we can venture out and explore the world like we used to. Planning a day out after this is all over really excites me.
18. Write a wishlist – think of all the things that you would like and write them down, it’s a great past time. I enjoy eventually checking things of my list, I have a blog post on my makeup and skincare wishlist.
20. Learn a card game – playing cards is something I only tend to do when I’m on holiday, but since being in lockdown I’ve played a few games of Go Fish and Uno. Some card games are too complicated but Go Fish is super easy…I always win!
I hope my list of 20 activities, you can do during lockdown, to beat boredom has helped you out a little bit. Let me know what your favourite lockdown activities are!
Until Another Day x